Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy Busy!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It isn't for lack of wanting to. I just have been rather busy and had a lot of things to do.

Two weekends ago we went up to stay with my in-laws for a birthday celebration. I got to eat a lot of different foods (since I could start eating "normal" foods on Oct 1st). It was great, but I found out that slow and steady is the only way I can eat anymore.

Last weekend we went to St Louis to visit my family and have a party for my son (he turns 1 this week). While the party also had another member (my gma who has cancer) and the party had far more people there for her than my son, my son still had fun tearing up his first cake. He'll definitely be a pro come this weekend when we have one for friends and family that live close to us.

My exercising has been rather pitiful. I can still run, I was able to get a 16:12 sec mile (I don't remember if I posted about that) and run at 7 mph for about a minute. I couldn't do much else though, as I seemed to ramp up my blood pressure in doing that, and my headache didn't really allow for it.

To top it all off, we got strep somehow. I've been on antibiotics since Thursday morning but we also ended up with a pretty bad cold for a couple days (which made it even more fun). I'm just thankful we got out flu shot otherwise we'd have been screwed as I'm certain we'd have gotten the flu as well, lol.

I hope to get in to exercise a couple times this week, at minimum, and then as long as they have it on Saturday, I've got a swim class to go to that should be fun, or at least educational. I still need to schedule my last few appointments with the trainers so that I can get those taken care of.

On a different note, I have an interview tomorrow. Hopefully I can land this job, and we can get things rolling. We can't afford to stay at the place that I currently go to exercise unless someone pays for it other than us or I have a job, and even then, it is a ways away from the house (about 15 minutes or more) and the gas + time makes it somewhat troublesome to go. But since part of my program fee went to paying for three months, I may as well use it. If I can't afford any membership, the apartment complex we live at does have some exercise equipment that I can use so it isn't a total loss. I just hope that we have the money when my membership runs out to get into a health center as paying for something (or having a membership to something) makes it much harder to just ignore. I also almost have lost enough weight to be able to start using the Wii Fit so that will be nice when I can do that (when i can't get to the gym). It will also more accurately measure my weight, and will give me my BMI (at which point I'll start putting that in too).

Well, anyways, things are going well, and I'm starting to actually see a reduction in my weight rather than simply just knowing I'm losing weight because of the numbers and the fact my clothes are fitting looser.

Last weight: 344.8
Current weight: 343.8
Weight Lost: 1.0 lbs
Total Weight Lost Since Coming Home: 38.2 lbs
Total Weight Lost Since August 3rd: 58.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment