Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Loser!

Haha, I'm a loser. Down to 348.2 now. I'm under 350 lbs for the first time in probably a decade. Maybe not quite a decade, but close.

I've been working out every other day, alternating between cardio and weights as I have probably mentioned in previous posts and it seems to be working out rather well. I plan to start adding a day or two a week to this rotation. Probably just a day at first. I'm not feeling exhausted the next day and I would like to see what it would be like if I did cardio-weight-cardio or weight-cardio-weight 3 days in a row. If I do that, and I'm not tired, then I don't know what to do.

My blood sugar numbers are also excellent. Around 110 in the mornings before I eat. Given that when I started I was around or above 150 in the mornings before I ate, this is a huge improvement. I get my A1C checked around mid-october and hopefully the number will be as excellent.

Not much else to report. Still no job, still taking care of my son. He's almost one now (less than a month away). He can still be a handful, and given that I am still having problems sleeping at night, when the wife leaves for work before 11am (which is pretty much a given anymore) I have to fight him to keep him resting with me (or at least stay passive while I do it). I've tried getting up earlier, but it doesn't help me fall asleep. I currently take the sleeping agent in Tylenol PM (without the tylenol of course). It helps, but it still takes a while to work, which is kinda sad given that I was under the impression that medications, in addition to alcohol and sugars and similar, would have a very quick effect on my body as they would enter my small intestine quickly. Hopefully I can resume my old sleeping medication (trazadone) when I go in for my checkup when I get my A1C checked. That stuff would work much more quickly, and it was much more effective as well (of course, it is prescription). We shall see though, maybe there is another drug out there that isn't trazadone as I stopped it last time because of nightmares.

At any rate - weight report below!

Last weight: 350.2
Current weight: 348.2
Weight Lost: 2.0 lbs
Total Weight Lost Since Coming Home: 33.8 lbs
Total Weight Lost Since August 3rd: 53.8 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment